Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Awe, shucks

Pre-workout fuel: Instant oatmeal and a banana
Workout: 50 minutes "Biggest Loser: Power Sculpt" and 2.15-mile walk with Denali

I'm awesome/ A quarter of my life gone by and/ I met all my friends online/ Mother $%#@# I'm awesome/I will run away from a brawl/I'm awesome


Yeah. I'm awesome. This morning, I managed not only to get in my workout but I baked chocolate chip cookies, cooked and consumed an egg white-veggie omelet, actually styled my hair, stopped at the grocery to pick up snacks for tutoring and (my favorite part) picked up coffee on my way to work. Oh, and I actually got there 5 minutes early, too.

See what I mean? Totally awesome.

I'd like to think that time moved extra slow for me this morning but I think a small change in my routine helped me out. I got up and ate a small breakfast - per the usual - and did my sculpt challenge for the day. Rather than immediately leash up Denali, though, I headed to the shower. Ten minutes later, I was clean and within 15 minutes we were on a walk. My hair was able to air dry a bit on the walk, cutting my quality time with the blow dryer, and I also felt an urgency in the shower (as opposed to standing under the hot water for 20 minutes just because it feels good).

Of course, with all that time you would think that I would have managed to come up with an outfit that didn't make me look like I was in my student's second-grade class.


Alas, I didn't. I guess child-like enthusiasm for my cookies distracted me.


Super-Duper Easy, Make-Before-Work Chocolate Chip Cookies

1 box white cake mix (I like Duncan Hines)
1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/2 cup egg substitute
1/2 cup mini chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mix together the cake mix, applesauce and egg substitute until just combined. Add mini chocolate chips and mix just until there are no lumps. Drop cookies onto a parchment-lined cookie sheet and bake for 10 to 12 minutes - until the tops of the cookies start to crack.

I got about 32 cookies out of the batch and they are about 100 calories a piece. Pretty awesome.

2 comments:

  1. Super woman! Those cookies look ohhh sooo delicious! I've made cake box cookies many times and I always use applesauce - NEVER thought to put chocolate chips in there - seriously genius!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow that's a lot to get done before work- your awesome! those cookies sure do look yummy right about now.

    ReplyDelete