Sunday, September 12, 2010

Snarkfest and celebration of the last long run

Pre-workout fuel: Slice of whole-wheat toast with Peanut Butter & Co. Dark Chocolate Dreams and sliced banana
Mid-workout fuel: Blueberry Roctane and Chocolate Gus
Workout: Ran 12.01 miles in 1 hour, 46 minutes and 26 seconds; average pace, 8:51.

To the person (who knows me) who asked me if I really did run all the way to her neighborhood, yes. Yes, I did. And I sort of wanted to die doing it.

To the woman who almost hit me today because red lights are apparently just a suggestion, why don't you find yourself at mile 10 of a 12-mile run and just the thought of stopping gives you a cramp. If you do that, then yes. Yes, you can roll through the light.

To my legs, which felt like 30 pound weights dangling from my torso, eff you and eff you. Just because we only ran one mile over 9 minutes doesn't mean you can crap out at mile 6 and barely move by mile 11.

To my husband, who gulped all of the water at mile 11, marriage is about caring and sharing. Especially when you have 22 ounces of water for two people and 12 miles.

To the people at Target who stared at me, in my compression socks, you can stare when your butt literally hurts from running 12 miles.

To Fort-4-Fitness, bring it on! My last long run is C-O-M-P-L-E-T-E and with just one more tough tempo run to go, I am ready for you. No pain, no gain.

4 comments:

  1. Great job on your run! :) Sorry about the lady who ran the red light. Karma will come into play.

    http://annawalker1992.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I laughed so hard reading your post - I haven't tried to "eff" my legs, but I think they deserve the tough love approach from time to time. Love your post. You are soooo going to rock the F4F - congrats on entering the beauty of taper. You go girl!!!!!

    p.s. thanks for the uplifting "incredible" comment on my blog - I really needed that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay!! i'm so proud of you!! i miss running!! I hate being restricted from life :(

    ReplyDelete