Friday, July 23, 2010

Heat index

Pre-workout fuel: Slice of whole-wheat toast with Peanut Butter & Co. Dark Chocolate Dreams and Amaretto Cream roast coffee
Workout: Ran 4.07 miles in 38 minutes, 46 seconds; average pace, 9:31.

I never thought I would say this but I miss winter. I miss bundling up and running in the snow. I miss ice-crystal covered eyebrows and eyelashes. I miss being able to wipe my face without risk of sweat burning my eye. I miss coming home with dry clothes.

I miss ... well, I miss not bitching about the heat.

Excuse my language but I'm near my breaking point. Seriously, at 8 p.m., it's still 92 with a heat index of 103. I have know idea how hot it was this morning but I knew it was bad when I took out the dog for his morning business. Suffocatingly hot.

It wasn't just the heat, though - my legs were heavy after yesterday's mile repeats. My mind wasn't in it, either. But I got out there. I ran ... and that's enough for today.

This weekend, it's supposed to rain and "cool down" to the mid-80s. Pair that with the begin of taper, and I should be a more comfortable (less whiny) gal. Hopefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment