Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Double down

Workout: Ran 2.11 miles in 2o minutes, 30 seconds at an average pace of 9:30.
Pre workout fuel: Wheat toast (1 slice) with Peanut Butter & Co. Dark Chocolate Dreams

I hate the alarm. I hate it, I hate it, I HATE it. The dern thing went off at 6:30 a.m., awaking me from a decent night's slumber and bringing me right back to reality - acid reflux is still rearing its ugly head. I made my way to the kitchen to make some toast but opted to skip the coffee today.

No coffee = Sad Kim.

I ate my toast, got dressed and went on my way. I set out on a 4-mile route that I made up when I first began running and wanted to see if I could run 4 miles. Those days were challenging and yet so rewarding because I learned that I could dig deep, push through and accomplish things I hadn't thought possible. The route is mainly residential and includes few stops at intersections, especially in the early miles.

I headed out a decent pace but the more I went, the sicker I felt. I tried going slower. I tried going faster. I tried stopping for a moment and sipping water. I tried taking a small walk break. Each attempt led me to the same conclusion: This run was not going to happen. So I walked home. And let me tell you, I hate having to walk home. I stopped my Garmin but kept an eye on the pace, trying to walk fast enough to my heart rate up.

I did plan for this week to be a cutback week. I just didn't think I would cut back this much. I thought about trying the run again tonight but opted against it. I might try some pilates or another gentle exercise to burn a few more calories but it's more of that "listen to your body" thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment