Sunday, December 13, 2015

A Running Survey

I first saw this on Run Eat Repeat, and it seemed like fun. So here you have it ...

 photo 125F2F54-59BD-427E-A46C-F017943AB640_zpsbflezox4.jpg

1. Would you rather run along a beach path or on a mountain trail? 
I'm a pale ginger, what do you think? Ha. As much as I love the beach, I can't escape the draw of the mountains. Running in Colorado while visiting a family remains a highlight for me.

2. If you could choose the flavor of Gatorade at your next race's aid stations, what would it be? 
Excuse me? Gatorade? Uh, no. I'll take Nuun. My favorites mid-run are lemon lime and grape.

 3. If you were given a $100 gift card to a running store, what would be the first thing that you bought with it? 
I am inclined to say shoes but I'll buy shoes regardless. I think I'd go with a spendy jacket that I'd lust over but never actually buy.

4. Do you prefer following a training plan or wake up and decide how fast and far you want to run?
Training plan, to an extent. It's been a long time since I've followed one to a "T" but I like having some structure. If I change one, it's usually swapping days to accommodate my schedule or adding mileage. I'm weird when it comes to running shorter distances.

 photo 20151017_103255_zpshewqds4l.jpg

5. Would you rather start your run with the uphill and end on the downhill or start with the downhill and end on the uphill? 
Uphill, if I must. When running at my grandma's in Cincinnati, I have monster hills no matter which direction I go. It just gives me an edge to work toward that negative split.

6. When you can't run, what type of cross training do you choose to do? 
It's hard to say because I teach, mostly boot camp and boxing right now. If I were to pick a class to attend, I would lean toward cycling, something with a trendy feel ala PiYo or yoga.

7. Out and back, point-to-point or loop runs? 
Loops or point-to-point. I get bored.

8. If you could recommend any running-related item to a new runner, what would it be? 
Shoes are obvious so I will say good socks. A shitty pair of cotton socks will do a number on your feet. You need something that hugs the foot and wicks moisture. You know I love my ProCompression low trainers.

 photo IMG_20151022_145639_zpsdcrd63tu.jpg

9. Do you ever see any wild animals out on a run? 
There are the standard squirrels, bunnies and birds. Deer on occasion but that's as wild as it gets in northeast Indiana.

10. Ever gotten lost while out on a run? 
Yes. A 14-mile run in Cincinnati comes to mind. I ran 4 miles with Mark and headed out with a loose plan for where to go. But I turned somewhere that seemed right and quickly went from suburbia to country. It was very disconcerting. Thankfully, I had my phone (usually don't) and could look at the map and get a route back to Grandma's.

11. If you could have one meal waiting and ready for you each time you got home from a run for the next 30 days, what would that be? 
Spinach-feta wrap from Starbucks and a huge pot of coffee.

12. Capris or shorts? 
Shorts ... because it means that it's warm enough to wear them.

13. At what mile into your run does your body start to feel up and ready to go? 
I have to hit at least the first mile to feel warmed up but sometimes two or three.

14. Where do you put your key while you run? 
I try to wear pants/capris/shorts that have a zippered pocket to make it easy. In the event that I am wearing a pair that doesn't, I've been known to stuff it in my bra.

 photo 0EAC1813-9E04-4FC2-8E0E-9895A4F2A690_zpsbdvhogoq.jpg

15. If you could re-live any race that you have done, which would it be? 
The Bourbon Chase, either year. Nothing beats hanging out with a group of people who are ridiculously more fun than you as you drink the best bourbon in the country for 36 hours. It's the highlight of my fall season.

No comments:

Post a Comment