Tuesday, July 8, 2014

Weekly Training Update: 6/30-7/6

Rest. Ah, sweet rest. 

This week was all about giving my body a much needed break after the ZOOMA Napa Valley half marathon and tour of San Francisco. It wasn't that I was ridiculously sore, though I did have a decent case of DOMS, but an incredible fatigue. All I wanted to do was sleep and eat ... and then sleep some more.

So that's what I did.

I gave myself two days of complete rest and eased back into running with an easy 3-miler with Mark. I brought out the bike for some lower impact cardio and to get used to it again (stay tuned ...), and I made myself keep it easy during boot camp.

It was probably my good fortune that the annual Firecracker 4-miler didn't take place this year (though I'm not sure why). I ran the course with Joe despite this fact, and my body struggled on the cross country and trail course, even with us both requesting to take it easy. I guess easy a week post race should not include grassy hills and single track trail.

Who knew?

 photo rest-and-recovery_zps84439a85.jpg

The week, in training:

Monday, June 30
REST 


Tuesday, July 1
REST

Wednesday, June 2
CROSS TRAINING | Boot camp

RUN | 3.15 miles
Time: 28:35     Pace: 9:05

Thursday, June 3
CROSS TRAINING | 7 miles, cycling
Time: 37:05     Pace: 11.3 mph

CROSS TRAINING | Boot camp + Ripped

Friday, July 4
RUN | 4.03 miles
Time: 37:09     Pace: 9:13

Saturday, July 5
CROSS TRAIN | 6 miles, cycling (commute to training session)
Time: 31:00     Pace: 11.7 mph 

RUN | 3 miles
Time: 27:01     Pace: 9:00

Sunday, July 6
RUN | 6 miles
Time: 56:56     Pace: 9:28

No comments:

Post a Comment