Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Camping out (+ winner)

Ow.

Ow. Ow.

Ow. Ow. Mother-figgin-ow.

I. Hate. Steps.

I also hate bending down, ambling to the copy machine and walking in general but I guess that's what I get for following an epic 10-mile run with boot camp.

I've been looking forward to boot camp ever since L sent me an email with information about the three-week session. I was sure that the class would be just the butt kicking I need to get in the game mentally and reclaim some of the strength I lost during pregnancy. Last night, we met at the gymnastics/tumbling gym for our first class.

P1010403

It started off innocently enough with arm circles and front kicks. There were these knee jump things, which L likened to a dive approach, that I have neither the coordination or the ability to complete successfully. I decided to wing it. And laugh. A lot. Thank goodness L decided to laugh, too, or I would have not only looked crazy but been certifiably so.

P1010404

From there it was typical, or what I assume to be typical, boot camp fare – burpees, squats, bridges with chest presses, lunges, planks, push-ups, squats. The instructor offered modifications of all of the exercises, and I stuck with those for the most part. I have to give myself room to improve, to paraphrase L :)

P1010405

I was pleasantly surprised that I didn’t feel like @ss crack upon leaving, even though I struggled during certain exercises. I’m hoping that Wednesday’s session, when we’ll move to circuit stations, we’ll give me the @ss crack feeling that merits the type of soreness I’m feeling today.

And the Viva La Resistance winner is (selected via Random.Org) … Bobbi! E-mail me your address (hlthystrides at gmail dot com) so I can mail out your goodies and set up your subscription to Fitness magazine.

5 comments:

  1. Ooh, boot camp can seriously kick your ass. Enjoy the new muscles and soreness!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness - I am moaning the same exact sentiments all afternoon/evening!!!!! Aye Curumba!!!

    Love the before and after photo - I vote for more of those for each class :) I want to make a post soemtime about having natural curly hair - ummm, see before vs. after photo for prime example!!!! Hilarious!

    So glad I snapped that crazy photo of you and your weights - cracking me up OUT LOUD (and bothering my husband who is trying to watch Eureka - shhhhh he keeps saying).

    Yay for butt kicking boot camp . . .
    Fun post my BB (bloggy friend)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay!!!! THANK YOU!! made my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the pictures of you and "Wells" Glad to hear the boot camp went well, you two will be kicking butt in no time! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Boot Camp scares the s**t out of me. Good job!!!!

    ReplyDelete