Monday, September 12, 2011

Tripped up

Move that body: 2.2-mile walk

This weekend, I packed my bags and hit the road.

P1010110

Underwear? Check. Dress? Check. Nikes? Check. Garmin? Check. A bajillion measuring spoons and recipe cards? Check.

Oh, and Miles?

P1010086

Check!

The lil guy and I headed to Cincinnati to hang with The Grandma and host a bridal shower for my soon-to-be sister-in-law.

P1010107Hi, Uncle Steve!

We had a great time visiting with family, assembling meat and veggie trays for the shower and indulging in a little too much bridge mix.

We did not have a great time running because, well, we didn’t run. Those Nikes never came out of the bag. Sad but true. Between all the duties for the shower, family time, sleeping when I could and Miles being a Mr. Fuss Bucket, it just didn’t seem to work. 

And, you know what? I didn’t feel that guilty about it. Family > running.

Do you exercise on weekend trips? What did you do this weekend?

5 comments:

  1. I always PLAN to run, but often, my shoes never make it out either. I never do feel that badly about it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't travel very often (cry) but I agree...sometimes family trumps running. It has to. Date night > running this weekend too for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhh, he's too cute!!!

    Yes, I completely agree - family > running!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think it was a great decision to enjoy your family time rather than run.

    I do not run on weekends period if I can avoid it (except for races that is).

    I had to work . . . a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always want to run during family weekends or trips but never seem to make it. You are so right, family > running!!!! I am visiting my nephews on Wednesday for the older one's birthday and the only exercise I will probably get is running with the 5 year old.

    ReplyDelete