Friday, September 23, 2011

Rainy day blues

Move that body: 2.8-mile run (last night) and 2-mile walk (this morning)

To take Miles and the BOB or run my own race. That has been the debate in my head ever since it became clear that Mark's sprained ankle would keep him from participating in the 4-mile event at Fort-4-Fitness.

Well, yesterday, it seemed Mother Nature tried to decide for me.


Saturday's forecast was calling for thunderstorms and chilly temperatures. OK, chilly temps for an 11-week-old. I decided that it would be more prudent for Mark and Miles to hang out under cover at Parkview Field and wait for me to come into home (aka the finish line).

But it's Indiana. And the weather has shifted. 


That's a bit better. With a blanket, Miles would be just fine. However, I think I'm still going to leave him with Dad and run my own race. Get that PR.

An automatic one. I've never ran a 4-mile race :)

Good luck to everyone racing this weekend! Run like the wind ... or a gentle breeze, at the least.

6 comments:

  1. The weather there is so finnicky. Hope for the best and plan for the worst.

    Best wishes on your race!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Go girl! I don't have kids yet, but I think you're probably making the right decision! :D You're gonna rock it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck!!! Rock that race tomorrow!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. im in a similar position..it will be a game day decision. good luck in the race! whether or not miles "runs" with you, it will be a PR ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Not that my vote counts, but I say do this one for you!!!! The last 9 months + 11 weeks have been all for and about Miles . . .I think Gimpy can take care of Miles so you can do 4 miles for YOU!!! Just my opinion.
    Oh, and I hadn't noticed the weather forecast improved -yeah! I've been a bit worried all week about cold and rain. woo!
    good luck tomorrow - PR baby!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good luck this weekend and have fun every step of that PR 4 mile race :)

    ReplyDelete