Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Like this

Pre-workout eats: Cold cereal mix with fresh blackberries, sliced bananas and 1% milk
Workout: Ran 4.35 miles; average pace, 9:39.

This morning, when I woke up, I thought my blog post would start out a little like this ...

Holy crap! It snowed a ton. I'm not sure I can run in that.

A little later, about 7 a.m. as I tore through the laundry basket, I thought it would read a little like this ...

Stupid laundry-doing husband! He put my running tights in the washer before work and I had to subject myself to Exercise TV OnDemand while they dried.

About 7:30, after finding my tights in the dryer, I thought it might go a like this ...

Why do I d*ck around so much in the morning? The furnace guy is going to be here in an hour. Just do 3 today ... hmm.

Instead, my blog post shall go a little like this ...

There was a light dusting of snow on the ground when I set off this morning. It was the pretty kind of snow - light and fluffy and so not annoying. It crunched softly beneath your feet and dusted eyelashes as you moved. Once Denali and I got settled in (we had to stop for correction after he tried to change course), things felt good. Almost like the old days. I was comfortable, fluid and breathing pretty well. I might not have been fast - actually, it's slowest I've been in months and months - but it's the best I've felt in a while. A run to be grateful for.

What are you grateful for today?

1 comment:

  1. ((((Slow you)))) I wish I was that fast! One day! Today, I'm grateful for good friends! You are a true inspiration!

    ReplyDelete