Sunday, January 30, 2011

The girl who kicked the hornet’s butt

I am just going to put it out there.

I can be lazy. Especially in the winter.

Mark and I planned to go see “127 Hours” this afternoon but the thought of putting on pants besides leggings and walking from the car to the theater seemed unattractive. After all, I could stay home, in my leggings, eat cereal and work on a writing project for work.

So I nixed the movie, much to Mark’s disappointment. But I made him a deal: He could go to the video store and rent “The Girl Who Kicked The Hornet’s Nest,” torturing me with a slow-moving film. Seriously, I have the attention span of a 2-year-old when it comes to a movie.

But even though the series makes me want to play Spider Solitaire on my laptop, it has a good story. And Lisbeth Salander is a total badass.

hornet 

There’s a scene when she’s in prison and she’s doing what everyone does in prison: working out like a mad person. Jogging in places, bicycle crunches and these crazy push-ups where she brings her knee to her elbow when she’s hovering just centimeters off the ground.

So, of course, I ask Mark if he thinks he could do the push-ups. And, of course, he said yes. P90X or some crap like that. He didn’t do any,though. Probably didn’t want to show off.

It couldn’t help but wonder, though, if I could do them, too. I do lots of chaturangas at yoga. I got some muscles. So while Mark took out Denali for his nightly beeswax, I tried. And when Mark came back in, I tried again.

P1000426 P1000427

I did it, I did it! Even with Denali all up in my business. By the way, he says hi.

P1000428 

Off to finish the movie and hopefully catch some of the SAG Awards. I love me some ugly dress watching!

1 comment:

  1. You crack me up. Of course you can do push ups! You seriously weren't sure? Tell Denali hi for me as well :)

    ReplyDelete