Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Toot your own horn

Pre-workout breakfast: Pumpkin-banana oats
Workout: 30 minutes with Jackie Warner and 2.5-mile walk with Denali

Pet peeve No. 1,436: Motorists who honk at me while I'm walking/running with Denali.

I don't get it. I just don't. At least once a week, though once a day is more like it, a driver finds it necessary to honk his horn as he passes. These are drivers whom I don't know - or at least don't recognize the car. These are drivers who seem to have no reason to honk as I'm not at an intersection nor am I within range of the hood of their vehicles.

Oh no. It's just a sport. Let's honk at the girl and the dog. I won't go as far as to say pretty girl because I more often than not look like a hot mess. This morning, for example, I was in black sweats, an undershirt, my W.O.O.F. shirt and an Old Navy fleece vest. My hair sort of resembled Pebbles from "The Flinstones." Definitely honk-worthy ... NOT!

I just wish people would keep their urges to themselves. Look at yourself in the mirror and honk. Don't look at the girl being pulled down the sidewalk by a dog and honk. Mmmkay. Thanks.

1 comment:

  1. Yeah, I always wonder what's going through people's minds when they honk. Are you saying hi? Are my pants falling down? Do you think a running, red-faced girl is hot? GAH!

    ReplyDelete