Thursday, November 25, 2010

Three Things Thursday: Thanks edition

As I'm writing this a day ahead, I can't tell you what I ate before my 10K today. I also can't tell you how I fared or whether I stuck with my cousins. I can tell you that it was predicted to rain today and I plan to run like hell to stay dry.

1. It's so easy to get caught up in "Whoa is me! This day sucks because ..." but I have to say I'm a lucky girl. I have a husband who rubs my feet every night, a grandma who spoils me when I visit and a brother who humors me by returning my text messages and picking up race bibs because I'm too cheap to pay $12 to have them mailed. I have a fantastic family and for them I am thankful.

2. Even though my weight loss journey started many moons ago, I feel like so much has changed this past year. I ran my first half marathon and then my second and then my third. I ran farther than I ever thought possible. I am so thankful that I learned not to hold myself back.

3. I am so thankful for the amazing runners/athletes/women/men whom I read about every day. Each and everyone of you inspire to be better, faster, more awesome.

I hope everyone has a fantastic (and safe) Thanksgiving!

1 comment:

  1. What a thankful post - thanks! Can't wait to hear all about your 10K. I hope it was a great experience with your cousins. I hope you enjoy the holiday and the time with your family.

    ReplyDelete