Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Can I see your ID?

I often run alone (unless you count Denali).

I run in the early morning hours.

I have almost been hit by a car too many times to count.

I took a nasty spill, courtesy of Denali, that forced me to run 2 miles home with blood dripping down my leg.

And yet, in all those instances, it wasn't what I - or anyone else - was doing that was posing such a risk. It was what I wasn't doing. I wasn't wearing a Road ID.

I know, I know. Stupid. So stupid. And the thing is, I've mentioned to Mark that I wanted one on numerous occasions and never followed through. I guess boots were more important.

No more, though. I was (again) the lucky recipient on a giveaway (thanks, Caratunk Girl!) and have ordered my very own Road ID. In green - my favorite color.

I included phone numbers for Mark and Grandma as well as a little quote. "Will to succeed," it will say.

What does yours say?

What? What! You don't have one? Well, I got a coupon for you: ThanksKimberly861459.

This coupon is good for $1 off any Road ID order. It can be used up to 20 times in the next 30 days. Feel free to send this coupon via email, Twitter, Facebook, MySpace, town crier, or good ole fashion smoke signal. Just use it.

No comments:

Post a Comment