Friday, September 17, 2010

By the numbers

Pre-workout fuel: Whole-wheat toast with Peanut Butter & Co. Dark Chocolate Dreams and sliced banana
Workout: Ran 5.02 miles in 45 minutes, 34 seconds; average pace, 9:04.

4381
My bib number for Fort-4-Fitness. I got the info on the confirmation card that I received in the mail yesterday. I can't decide whether it's a good thing that my birth year is in there but it's there. The big ole "81."

69
The high temperature for next Saturday, the big day. Yep. I can now stalk the weather for the half-marathon. I'm telling you now - if Friday's rain forecast moves to Saturday, I'm whooping some butt.

47
Saturday's low temperature. Short sleeves or long sleeves? Decisions, decisions.

190
The number of calories in the bag of Raisinets that I ate yesterday instead of that scone. I figured 190 calories worth of my favorite candy (now in the dern vending machine at work - BASTARDS) is far better than the 400+ scone. Don't feel bad for the blueberry confection; I gave it to Mark.

2
The number of times this month that my average pace has been slower than 9:00 min/mile - including today's run. You wanna know what ... it felt mighty nice to run some slow miles in the beginning.

1 comment:

  1. Great post! Love things broken down that way.
    Long sleeve short sleeves is a real dilemma for me too (I'm likely to go with short but considering buying a cheap light long sleeve t-shirt from goodwill (or similar place) especially for the start - standing around at the start could be quite crisp. There's no one hoping for a rain free race more than I. Hard to believe that the race is just 7 days away - YIKES!

    ReplyDelete