Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Heavenly bites

I have a new love. Loves, I should say. I met them both this weekend, and though they couldn't be more opposite, I love them just the same.

First, let me introduce to you a little piece of heaven ... the Kashi TLC Pumpkin Pecan Fruit & Grain Bar.

Kashi says:

Pie lovers will enjoy the sweet blend of pumpkin, real soft fruit and warm pie spices like cinnamon, nutmeg and ginger - all sprinkled with crunchy pecans. ... And with 4g of Fiber, 4g of Protein and real fruit, they're as nourishing as they are tasty.

I picked up these bad boys during a Target run prompted by a need for vitamins and a healthy snack to munch on while visiting my family in Ohio. I was instantly drawn to them because they said "Pumpkin." Hello, I love pumpkin! The box also bragged that there was no high fructose corn syrup, and I liked that each bar has just 120 calories.

I have to admit that I didn't have the highest of hopes for these bars. I have tried Kashi Chewy Granola Bars and found them to be a bit dry and not as tasty as the high fructose corn syrup ones. The pumpkin bars, on the other hand ... just AWESOME. The pumpkin top was sweet and moist, and the granola part wasn't too dry.

The other love? Laughing Cow Light Mozzarella , Sun-Dried Tomato and Basil.

What Laughing Cow says:

Rich and creamy mozzarella infused with real sun-dried tomatoes and a savory hint of basil makes a mouthwatering combination. With only 35 calories, this light cheese adds a little Mediterranean pizzazz to your daily snacking.

I had heard from Hungry Girl that these were going to be hitting the shelves this summer, and I was excited to find them at Meijer ... with a $1 off coupon.

I wasted no time in trying the wedges, spreading one on a whole-wheat tortilla and topping it with leftover rotisserie chicken breast and chopped raw veggies (zucchini, summer squash, tomatoes and red onion). Eaten as a wrap, I definitely found it to be creamy and rich with sun-dried tomato flavor. It was a definite winner as far as lunch goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment