Wednesday, June 16, 2010

Spilling the beans

Remember the days when you used to have two Egg McMuffins, a hash brown and orange juice and thought it was healthy?

OK, maybe I was the only one.

Moving on ... this morning's breakfast reminded me of those Egg McMuffins and how far I've come in the past year or years.


Egg whites on a light English muffin with a side of sliced tomatoes. It wasn't the frittata with leftover asparagus, tomatoes and feta that I had hoped to make but it was filling and easily transported from room to room as I scurried to get ready for work. Put on tank, take a bite. Comb hair, take a bite. Put on dress, take a bite.

After I was all set, I rushed out the door and realized I had enough time to score a latte. I was hoping to try out a new place that has non-profit status but it doesn't open until Friday. I ended up at another local joint, where I got my latte ... and a pound of Cinnamon Roast coffee beans.

Funny how that happened, isn't it?!

No comments:

Post a Comment