Monday, June 14, 2010

Smoothie deliciousness

I thought my WW leader was crazy when she said that she made smoothies with frozen milk. Yep, frozen milk. She put a cup of milk in the freezer at night, and the next morning would put it in the blender with smoothie mix and an additional half-cup of milk.

"It makes it chilly and frothy," she insisted.

And the samples she passed out were definitely frothy and chilly - just like a smoothie should be. Always one to up the ante, though, I decided that I had to make it even better. Last night, I put a container of non-fat cherry yogurt in the freezer. If she could freeze milk, I could freeze yogurt ... right?

After the walk with the dog, I nuked the yogurt for 20 seconds to loosen it from the container and put it in the blender with 1 cup of almond milk (Silk unsweetened) and chocolate smoothie mix.

What came out of the blender was pure heaven. A chocolate-covered cherry in drink form.

Hello, love ...
Please ignore ugly cabinets. We rent.

No comments:

Post a Comment