Saturday, June 19, 2010

On a dessert-ed island

Before I get any further in discussing the day, I have a confession to make. I ate frozen yogurt today ... twice.


And I liked every last, delicious bite.

But before we get to that, let's discuss the day. I returned home from the grocery store ravenous - I had eaten just an English muffin during my WW meeting. I drank a glass of chocolate Silk as I put away groceries and quickly got to thinking about lunch. I had picked up alfalfa sprouts and other fresh veggies at the store and decided to throw them in a wheat pita with with roasted red pepper hummus.

Alexia sweet potato fries on the side. I added salt this time, and I liked them much better. Frozen yogurt No. 1 followed - black cherry-vanilla swirl.

The afternoon seemed to go by so quickly - I went for a mani-pedi (runner's feet = ugly) and went shopping for a gift for my father-in-law for Father's Day. Before I knew it, we were heading out to dinner at a fantastic local BBQ joint - Moosewood.


It would be so easy to go all-out at this place. (From what I hear) The ribs and brisket are AMAZING. Each time, I've opted for fish. Tonight was blackened tilapia with steamed broccoli and vinegar slaw.

The portions were huge. For $10.95 , I got three fillets - about 12 ounces - and the two sides, as well as a piece of the cornbread. Best cornbread on the planet. I ended up taking two pieces of the fish home.

I had to leave room for dessert, right? Lemon fro-yo from the soft-serve stand that everyone loves. I grabbed a small cone and basked in the last bit of the day's sun.

No comments:

Post a Comment